Swindon and District Samaritans - 01793 512490; email@example.com
- A charity that supports homeless and vulnerable adults.
Beating the Blues - www.beatingtheblues.co.uk
- A Computerised Cognitive Behavioural Therapy program to help beat depression.
NHS Choices - www.nhs.uk/pages/homepage.aspx
- A link to the NHS home page.
Citizens Advice Bureau:
Provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. It values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination.
Faringdon House, 1 Faringdon Road, Swindon, SN1 5AR -
- Telephone advice times: 10:30 am – 12:30 pm (0844 499 4114)
- Advice sessions: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Mondays and Wednesdays at North Swindon Advice Point
- West Swindon Library – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm on Tuesdays
- Churchfields School – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm on Wednesdays
- North Swindon Library – 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm on Thursdays
- The Harbour Project – 11:00 am – 2:00 pm on Fridays
- Farringdon Road – 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Mondays – Fridays
New Park Street, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 1DY -
- Telephone advice: 0844 375 2775
- Email support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wiltshire Addiction Support Project (WASP) - 01225 775558; www.addiction-support.co.uk
- An organisation, staffed by service users, who have moved on after a life which involved a dependency to drugs or alcohol, or a combination of both.
- Offers a wide range of information, advice and professional support in a safe and comfortable environment or by telephone for those aged 18 years and above.
- Opening hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday
- Evening counselling appointments: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday counselling appointments: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
CRI - 01793 611870
- Provides a flexible treatment and support service for people over 18, seeking support for drug use, with a focus on recovery and community integration.
Gamblers Anonymous - Gorsehill Community Centre, Chapel Street, Swindon, SN2 8DA; www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/index.php/meetings/29-Swindon-Tues-Weds-Sat-Sun
- A fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their own gambling problem and to help other compulsive gamblers to do the same.
- A service that is here to support you after the death of someone close. Face-to-face and group support is delivered by trained bereavement support volunteers across Swindon and Wiltshire.
- A service designed to provide support for adult carers, parent carers and young carers in Swindon.
- Trowbridge – Carer Support Wiltshire, ILC, St. George’s Road, Semington, Trowbridge, BA14 6JQ
- Salisbury – Carer Support Wiltshire, 15 New Street, Salisbury, SP1 2PH
Swindon and Wiltshire Mind – Provides advice, support and services to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem across Swindon and Wiltshire.
- Swindon – 1 Regents Circus, Swindon, SN1 1PN; Tel: 01793 432031; www.swindonmind.org
- Melksham – 24a High Street, Melksham, SN12 6LA, www.wiltshiremind.co.uk
Parental Support Services:
- Offers free and confidential advice for women and their partners.
- Provides pregnancy tests with immediate results, counselling and accurate information for unplanned pregnancy, pre-abortion counselling, post-abortion support, help and support for women who have experienced a miscarriage, and adoption information.
Ask Parent Partnership Service (APPS) - 08457 585072; 01380 872915; email@example.com
- Provides parents and carers with information and support to help you make informed choices and decisions regarding your child.
- Provides a neutral and confidential environment in order to reach agreements on issues arising from separation or divorce.
10 AEC (Army Educational Centre) – Jaellalabad Barracks, Tidworth, SP9 4BN (01980 603045); www.forces-war-records.co.uk/3963/Army_Educational_Centre_(AEC); firstname.lastname@example.org
- The first point of contact on any educational matter for soldiers and their dependents in Tidworth, Bulford and Netheravon.
- Offers short online courses, many of which are free, in Basic Skills, Information and Communication Technology, business and management, and languages. The centre also provides free access to computers and the internet.
Bulford Community Learning Centre - 8 Kandy Road, Bulford Camp, Salisbury SP4 9AA (01980 672981)
- Offers courses on literacy, first aid, IT skills, book keeping and jewellary-making for the communities of Tidworth, Bulford and Netheravon.
Wiltshire College - Based across the county with a huge range of courses to suit everyone (www.wiltshire.ac.uk)
- Chippenham – 01249 464644
- Lackham – 01249 466800
- Salisbury – 01722 344344
- Trowbridge – 01225 766241
University of the Third Age - Self-help, self-managed lifelong learning co-operatives for older people no longer in full-time work, providing opportunities for their members to share learning experiences in a wide range of interest groups and to pursue learning, not for qualifications, but for fun.
- Devizes - www.devizesu3a.org.uk; Tel: 07586 325073
- Salisbury – www.salisburyu3a.org.uk; Tel: 01980 862667
- Swindon – www.swindonu3a.org.uk; Tel: 01793 614629
Richmond Fellowship - www.richmondfellowship.org.uk
- Working towards a society that values everyone with mental health problems.
Shaw Trust - 01225 716300; www.shaw-trust.org.uk
- A national charity that provides training and work opportunities for people who are disadvantaged in the labour market due to disability, ill health or other social circumstances.
Connexions - Careers advice on learning and finding work for people under 20 years of age.
- Advice line – 0808 000 3219
- West Wiltshire – 01225 718230
Support for People with Mental Health Difficulties:
- Offers a wide range of information, advice and professional support in a safe and comfortable environment or by telephone.
- Office hours (phone calls): 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday
- Appointment times: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Works to raise mental health awareness, combat stigma and increase understanding, provide emotional support, practical help and information, and initiate research into causes, treatments and experiences of mental illness.
Therapeutic Work in Gardening Swindon (TWIGS) - Manor Garden Centre, Cheney Manor, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 2QJ; 01793 523 294; email@example.com
- Provides creative occupational opportunities for people who are looking to move forward on their recovery journey. Aims to help you to regain confidence, self-esteem and learn new skills, as well as becoming part of an exciting and innovative community project.
Support for People with Physical and Learning Difficulties:
Discovering Autistic Spectrum Happiness (DASH) - 07796 530560; www.dashswindon.com
- An independent local charity whose mission is to improve the quality of life of adults of working age with Aspergers and other high functioning Autistic Spectrum Conditions living in Swindon.
- A user led independent advocacy service for people with a learning disability, high functioning Autism and Aspergers in Swindon.
SEQOL - 01793 463333; www.seqol.org
- Provides a specialist day resource for adults with learning disabilities, who may also have physical disabilities and / or mental health issues.
Headway – 01793 436008; www.headwayswindon.org.uk
- Supports adults with traumatic and acquired brain injury, their families and carers.
Alzheimer’s Support - www.alzheimerswiltshire.org.uk
- Provides practical services to people living at home with dementia and to their families and carers.
- Trowbridge – Park House, 1 Park Road, Trowbridge, BA14 8AQ; 01225 776481
- Devizes – 5 Sidmouth Street, Devizes, SN10 1LD; 01380 739055
Wiltshire Blind Association - 01380 723682; www.wiltshireblind.org
- A service dedicated to serving blind and partially sighted people living in Swindon and Wiltshire.
Support for People Experiencing Sexual Abuse:
SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) - 01793 507981; Helpline: 0800 168 0024; www.swindonsanctuary.co.uk
- A dedicated centre to support victims of sexual assault throughout Swindon and Wiltshire, whether they be men, women or children. Our trained professionals can provide immediate medical care, a forensic examination, counselling and onward referral. The service is available, whether or not you wish to have Police involvement.
Adult Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse - AMSOSA, Suite E, 165 Victoria Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 3BU; 08454 309372; www.amsosa.com
- Offers a unique experience to non-offending adult male survivors of child sexual abuse or adult rape.
Revival - www.revival-wiltshirerasac.org.uk/
- Provides a non-judgemental, confidential, safe and supportive atmosphere in which you will be given the time and space to explore your present in relation to your past. Services are available to people aged 18 and above.
Support for Veterans, Partners and Families:
AWP’s South West Veterans’ Mental Health Service - 0300 555 0112; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides support groups for the partners and families of military veterans who are experiencing a mental health problem.